Rosacea is a common skin condition characterized by redness of the face. There is no known cause for rosacea. In its earliest stages the face is red and fine blood vessels can be seen in the skin. In more severe cases bumps, pustules and thickening of the skin can be seen. Even your eyes can be involved.
Rosacea tends to come in flares and then subside. But if you don’t seek treatment, changes to your face can become permanent. Most people seek treatment because of the appearance, but don’t be that person who figures that it will go away on its own. You’re the kind of person for whom it can become permanent.
Some things that often trigger rosacea are:
- Hot or cold temperatures
- Hot baths
- Hot or spicy foods or drinks
- Intense exercise
- Medicines such as blood pressure drugs or steroids you put on your skin
At Vivesse Med Spa we are not dermatologists and we strongly suggest that you see a skin doctor. There are oral medications that can be used as well as creams and other topical treatments. We will not prescribe medications for your rosacea and we certainly won’t perform surgery in extreme cases.
Many people look for Rosacea laser treatment. Here at Vivesse, we have found that lasers can actually worsen the rosacea. We prefer IPL rosacea (see below).
However, we do have technologies that can alleviate the redness and broken blood vessels. These are:
- IPL Photofacial (Intense Pulsed Light) – An intense light is produced that is applied in a series of gentle pulses over the face. The light penetrates the skin and is absorbed by and heats the areas of redness causing them to disappear.
- Microdermabrasion – A wand is passed over your skin that uses diamond crystals to strip off the top layer of your skin, revealing skin that isn’t red.
- Skin care – Appropriate skin care can help greatly with the redness and flushing. Our medical aesthetician is an expert in skin care and can help devise the right regimen for you.
Rosacea Treatment before and after:
* Results may vary
We want to re-emphasize that if you have persistent rosacea you should be under a dermatologist’s care. We can help you with our cutting-edge technologies in conjunction with a good medical regimen. Nothing can permanently cure rosacea but we can help get your skin back to looking normal. Call Vivesse Med Spa today at 860-761.6666 to schedule a consult.
About Vivesse Med Spa
Vivesse is a medical spa in Bloomfield, Connecticut dedicated to bringing the most up-to-date cosmetic medical spa treatments to the Hartford area including the communities of Avon, West Hartford, Simsbury, South Windsor, Hartford & Manchester. We offer treatments for a variety of skin conditions including age spots, rosacea, melasma, wrinkles, acne scars, double chin, dark circles and sun damage. We are one of the only skin care facilities in Hartford to offer Plasma Facial with PRP (Microneedling). Vivesse is led by Dr. Lori Greenwald, who is recognized as one of the best surgeons in the country by both Money Magazine and the Consumer’s Research Council of America and is recognized as an Alma Laser Luminary for laser therapy.